Why not recycle or upcycle your AGA by fitting an Electric conversion?
All AGA range cookers which were originally solid fuel, oil or gas with round domes can be fitted with an electric conversion kit!
There is no need for oil or gas pipes or a flue liner and, as it is not required for heat transference, a large part of the cast is removed thereby making heat up times faster.
We only supply and install the Electric Kit made by Oilwarm because of the features it offers.
- There are separate controls for the ovens and each hob.
- One element powers the ovens whilst the hobs are controlled independently by their own thermostats and individual elements.
- The oven temperature is controlled more like a commercial oven with pinpoint temperature control (a wireless phone app is also available) and an LED readout showing the temperature of the top oven (2 oven AGA). For 4 oven AGAs an extra element with its own control is added.
- Each hob has its own control too, with full hob heat in 10 mins.
Just some advantages of converting to electric are:
- Less servicing required.
- Cheaper to run as you only use the energy when needed.
- Easier to control for independent hob cooking.
- More flexible positioning of the appliance as no flue required.
- No worries about running out of oil.
- No worries about gas or carbon monoxide leaks.
- Ideal if you generate your own electricity.
- Does not need to be constantly left on.
- Ideal for holiday or second homes as it is simply switched on or off.
- Easier for properties that are let as routine servicing not required.
Note. The conversion must be undertaken by an approved, registered engineer who has attended the relevant training courses as laid down by the Regulations.
At Plumbwell Heating we offer to carry out conversions at very competitive rates and we only use a UK manufactured kit. Please contact us for an estimate.